Recently I had to “beautify” a menu with some reflection. Silverlight for various reasons failed to be a viable solution so I had to go all out custom. As I’m a serial cut and paster I decided to use a very handy library I stumbled across in the past. Reflection. To quote the author, it is:
- Fun and easy to implement! Just add class=”reflect” to your images
- Automatically blends into background colours or images
- It’s easy to vary the reflection height and opacity
- Degrades in older browsers; they won’t notice a thing!
- It’s smaller in size than most images; under 5KB!
This is extremely easy to use. It works in all the major browsers – Internet Explorer 5.5+, Mozilla Firefox 1.5+, Safari, Google Chrome and Opera 9+. On older browsers, it degrades nicely.
Well worth a visit. You can even demo it out first here: http://cow.neondragon.net/stuff/reflection/reflectomatic/