After encountering some issues I thought I’d post a few bullets that may help someone. They mostly cover memory and things to not do.
- If you have virtual AppFabric servers do not use dynamic memory.
- As of CU5 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2932678 there’s a maximum of 16gb per host cache. Do not allow more or you may notice some hiccups.
- Managing the Distributed Cache service needs to be done very specifically. Doing it any other way could result in a rebuild. Basically as far as I can see stay away from anything in the Start menu or in the Control Panel. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219613.aspx
- Keep Search, SQL, Excel, and Project on other servers.
- If you are developing custom apps that use the AppFabric client APIs or are creating custom caches do not use servers in your farm. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219572.aspx#plandc